Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5C clock displays incorrect time

I have an iPhone 5C, which has run smoothly for the past year-and-a-half on the Verizon network. Recently, it has started displaying the wrong time at random and sometimes even displays the wrong date. I have found that this also interferes with the phone's ability to receive iMessages.

The steps I have taken so far to fix it are:

• Powered the phone off and back on again.
  • Connected the phone to the computer.
  • Updated the iOS to 8.3.
  • Gone to Settings > General > Date & Time, and ensured that the "Set Automatically" feature is on, and displaying the correct time zone.
  • Ensured that Location Services are set to "on."
  • Tried turning the Date & Time "Set Automatically" feature off and manually setting the time, but the phone still loses time after a matter of minutes.
  • Taken the phone to the Apple Store, where the representative restored it to factory settings. The problem persists even afterwards.
  • Spoken with representatives from Verizon, who assure me the problem is not on their end.

I would be very grateful for any help that could be offered. It is very frustrating to not be able to communicate reliably, and to not have an accurate time-keeping device.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, Verizon Carrier

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 6:03 PM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2015 10:14 AM in response to als130

This same problem stared plaguing me as well yesterday (iPhone 5c), maybe a week after upgrading to iOS 8.3. I've tried everything (which isn't much, right?) to no avail. Among the symptoms were time and date wrong (of course) but also intermittent WiFi misbehavior (e.g., disconnects) and very sluggish response on the set Date & Time page (Settings : General : Date & Time)--when setting the "Set Automatically" slider from off to on or vice-versa it would often take many seconds to respond (and I'd swear the sliding circle looks a tiny bit elongated when stuck).

Anyway, this morning I let the power drain normally and kept it that way for a few hours. I've now plugged it back in to charge and the time has been correct for the past 45 min. and counting, so this may be a remedy. I'll check back in later today with progress.

May 13, 2015 4:22 PM in response to als130

I too have had this problem and couldn't resolve it. In the end (yesterday) I drove to the Apple store (about 120kms away!) and one of the techos checked it out and declared there was a fault with the phone. They replaced it on the spot - apparently an intermittent problem with 5c's "not common" according to the store people.

I would print out this blog, take it to the store and insist they fix the problem. My phone is about 18 months old and they didn't hesitate. I am in Australia but the service levels should be the same everywhere.

Good luck!

Iphone 5C clock displays incorrect time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.