Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover my iCloud password from an iPad that is currently connected?

With all of Apple's (and the rest of the world's) increased intrusions by hackers, I have become very nervous when the slightest glitch happens on any of my devices. I was working on my laptop and it seemed that whenever I used iCloud Keychain the screen would glitch. I freaked out, admittedly, and jumped on my iPad, quickly changing the iCloud password. I didn't write it down because I've gotten used to the keychain storing all of the. I also thought I could reset rather easily through Apple. And, I thought I could remember it for just a few minutes and then properly store.

But, I didn't and I can't, and I have Two-step activated and the most recent RK code is not working. I have 4 trusted devices on account and access to all of them. And, I have the iPad in which I changed the password on, still actively signed in on that account with new password.

I have tried:

1. Apple Support - Good Luck

2. Multiple variations of the RK where my handwriting could be in question. - Odds of winning Lottery

3. Multiple variations of what I think I changed the password to. - Odds of winning Powerball

4. I have been able to make an encrypted backup of it currently and tried sifting through files - Way over my head

I know the password has to be available somewhere in my iOS. I know Elcomsoft could get it, but I can't afford $800+

My Wife and I have used iCloud to store all family photos, videos and irreplaceable memories and Apple's answer has been "TS!"

If anyone can be of any assistance, PLEASE HELP!

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 6:29 PM

3 replies

Can I recover my iCloud password from an iPad that is currently connected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.