Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant Restore MLB account on NEW Apple TV

I have 2 other Apple TV's. They work fine. They were purchased 3 months ago. Yesterday, I got the new Apple TV. It seems a bit faster than the older version. However, when trying to activate my MLB Monthly Premium account, it tells me I have no account. I clearly do, as it works on 2 other units. (as well as my iPod, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 Plus, and on my Mac Mini. Support has claimed it was a "connectivity" issue, so I took the unit and plugged it in next to a working unit, and still nothing... So much for connectivity. Support has canceled my MLB subscription, and I re subscribed. All units work except the new one... Iv restarted, restored, signed out of my iTunes account in so many different ways, Im getting dizzy. It doesn't seem to be an account issue...

So.... It must be a problem with the MLB app. MLB support won't trouble shoot the issue because the subscription was purchased through iTunes. Id love to hear if others are having the same issue with NEWLY purchased Apple TVs. You know, the $69 unit. Any comments?

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 7:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 6:49 PM in response to FenderPrecision

I came up with a solution all on my own. I went to a "working" apple TV, launched MLB. Went to Settings - Link Device. I entered my MLB account info (unrelated to the iTunes Store... You can create an account on the MLB site). It let me sign in. Then went to the NEW Apple TV, went to "Subscribe" - and "Log in to MLB". It then accepted my log in info! It works! This previously did not work... as recently as 3 weeks ago. I got the hint when my iPhone stopped showing me the MLB games. I logged out, and back in using my MLB account info (on my iPhone). That worked. And Im not an engineer.

Cant Restore MLB account on NEW Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.