Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with my apple ID for Facetime and Imessage

Hi,

I'm new to the Iphone. I recently just bought an iPhone 5S. It works fine, except for the imessage and Facetime. My apple ID does not seem to work on these two softwares because it keeps saying 'error occured during activation'. However, when i put my apple ID into my friend's iphone 4S (iOS 7), i can use my apple ID for imessage and Facetimen perfectly. It's been going on for almost a month.Is there something wrong with my apple ID or my phone? My phone is fully updated, iOS 8.3. Does it have to do with the wifi connection i'm using as well?

Please help. Thanks

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 5:44 PM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2015 5:47 PM in response to Jimmyyy22

Sounds like an issue with the iPhone since the Apple ID works on other devices. Turn FaceTime and iMessage and reset the settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If that doesn't work, you may need to restore the iPhone using iTunes on a computer. Set it up as new and allow iMessage and FaceTime to activate.

Finally if that doesn't work you would want to contact Apple so that they can look into your account and determine what is causing the problem.

Problem with my apple ID for Facetime and Imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.