Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding an old I Nano 4 to account???

I found my old iPod nano 4. It was registered to my account. When I plug it into computer it doesn't automatically sync. I can't manually sync as there is no device button in iTunes nor is a device found when I try drop down menu. I can't find a way to manually add a device in iCloud or iTunes. Am I just stuck with the old songs I have on my nano. I can't even seem to get the nano to wipe clean and try to see if computer will try to get it to register new device. Is it just too old?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 7:39 PM

6 replies

Apr 15, 2015 1:50 PM in response to sdsnaggle

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities

I would plug your iPod into the wall adapter and allow it to fully charge. If the device does not respond with a wall charger, first verify the charing cord is functioning. If the cord is functioning and the iPod still will not hold a charge then I would say the battery has been completely depleted. The only other thing you could do is take it to Apple and have the battery replaced.

Apr 15, 2015 5:53 PM in response to deggie

I never said anything about the battery. The ipod works fine, it holds a charge, I can play the old music on it. I want to be able to sync my current music to it and it won't sync. I can't find an add device button anywhere on iTunes or in iCloud. Everything I read says the device will be automatically when I plug it into computer. But that doesn't happen. The iPod will charge from the computer but none of the software on my computer will find it.

Apr 15, 2015 5:58 PM in response to sdsnaggle

Yes, I know you didn't mention the battery but after not being used for a long time it will usually fail and can cause a myriad of problems. You did not mention it was holding a charge.

I'm taking it that if iTunes is closed and you connect to your computer it does not open iTunes? Also you have already tried a variety of different ports and you are not connecting via a hub?

Try connecting it to your computer and resetting the iPod while it is connected and see if iTunes then recognizes it.

I take it at one time the iPod did sync with this computer?

Apr 15, 2015 6:48 PM in response to deggie

yes at some point in the past it sync'd. My iPad has no problem syncing to this computing using the same cord and port (I had to use an adapter for the connection)

"I'm taking it that if iTunes is closed and you connect to your computer it does not open iTunes? Also you have already tried a variety of different ports and you are not connecting via a hub?"

-No it does not bring up itunes, have tried several ports

I have tried resetting while connected as well.

Guess I will try and reinstall iTunes

Adding an old I Nano 4 to account???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.