Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share failure

The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame 2196 ((Error 10008f, 00:01:27:21 <<(Error -8969c, zoom_0.mp4 @ 00:00:05:21)>>)).

I am so frustrated. I purchased Final Cut today from the app store because i wanted a great well review video editor. I spent 299.00 on what turns out is useless. I can't get it to share (export) to save my life. I spent all this money and a whole fracking day on a project and nothing!!! I am so mad! I just keep getting the error message above!

Can i get my money back? Or get this to work.

HELP!

Sincerely read to give up on Apple forever.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 4:56 PM

Switch the General preference to display frames. Go to that frame number and see what's happening there. There may be a problem with the media. It may be something that can be fixed, or the shot might have to be repaired or replaced.

19 replies

Apr 14, 2015 5:24 PM in response to SimplyVinnie

Is your footage AVCHD?

I'm experiencing the same error as of yesterday when I installed FCPX 10.2.

My work-around is to transcode the clips to "optimized". That solves it for me (although it might take a couple of attempts, as sometimes the optimized footage renders as black!). This is definitely a bug and it will eventually get sorted, but for the time being you need to consider transcoding your footage to ProRes.

Apr 14, 2015 7:52 PM in response to SimplyVinnie

A flicker can also be caused by a small gap in the timeline between clips.

If you have no luck with other ideas then give this a shot.

Use the Timeline scale tools to zoom right in on the suspect area.

User uploaded file

The forward and backward keys can be used to step through a frame at a time.

Even a one frame gap can cause a flicker and also upset an export.

Al

Apr 15, 2015 3:29 PM in response to SimplyVinnie

I'm going to be a stubborn monkey here and stick to my guns in saying you could be experiencing what some of us have discovered is definitely a bug introduced with the release of 10.2. It relates to certain codecs, and your mp4 file might be one of them. The temporary solution some of us have now found is to change the project settings from 1080p to 720p. When we do that the footage sometime plays and exports as expected. Please try changing your project settings from 1080 to 720.

share failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.