Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ukash virus with a apple popup window

Sorry but xcan;t post to apple supportcommunity, so i post here, not my fault.

This happened on my Ipad
I was on one of 'those' streaming video sites, if you know what I mean.
A well known that lots of people use, so I didn't expect this.

I suddenly got this UKASH/police 'virus'/scam things.

But weird thing is, everybody here that hadit , it was just a webpage. With me the old page was in background and I had a white popupscreen telling me I had to pay this 100 euro fine. I knew it was fake, but what scared me is, that it is the same white box that comes up when apple asks my password like when I purchase an app. how can cyber criminals make this white box appear on my Ipad. Ithought only apple could do that, or am I wrong.

I pressed cancel, and it immediatly came back again, then I tried a few times to press cancel and immediatly close the page pressing the little 'x', after a few tries that worked.

Is my Ipad still safe to use?

I am especially scared because instead of a webpage with the scam it was the white apple box with the scam.

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 4:18 PM

7 replies

Apr 14, 2015 4:34 PM in response to stedman1

i got rid of the page,
But i wondered if it is normal when it looks like the white ipad box instead of a webpage.
I found a picture of something that looked very similar to what I had.
http://ipadget.com/img_post/image-df58c17f96193d9a65cbeb7781b9e92f.png

Your instructions of clearing the history is all i need and I am safe?

Have I done something harmful that on the pop up box I hit on cancel a few times?

Aug 27, 2015 10:11 PM in response to stedman1

This has just happened to me. After clicking cancel 3 times it then stops popping up, a separate window then comes up indicating that a pop up keeps trying to open and do I want to block pop ups from this site. I clicked "block". I've deleted my safari browser history and ""block pop ups" for Safari is activated but when I try to revisit the site it comes up again.

Does this mean that it's connected to the website specifically or have I got this thing lingering around in the back of my iPad?

ukash virus with a apple popup window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.