Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iPhoto Events to Photo

I have been asked by the Apple Applications App to upgrade from Yosemite 10.10.2 to 10.10.3. This update will install the new Photos App. I am concerned that I will loose my current system of filing my photos which is based upon filing all my photos into Events with a few Albums. When I go ahead and download Photos, will all of my Events remain as Events? Or, should I change all of my Events into Albums first?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 7.1.2, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 500 GB Sol StHD

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 4:44 PM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2015 10:12 PM in response to 1Birder!

I would rethink the upgrade or definitely change Events into Albums first. I went ahead with the upgrade, not realizing that all of my organization would be lost. You will get an Album supposedly containing your iPhoto Events - but it is completely in random order, not all events are included and it is useless as an organization tool.

You will completely lose any entries to the 'Event/Title' line above each group of pictures - the thing that was key to my organization. I have 109,000 photos, over 3,000 events - there is absolutely no way to reorganize into albums with that amount of data. I am very disappointed in the change.

Transfer iPhoto Events to Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.