Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I paír me iPhone 5 and my iPad 3 vía bluetooth?

Why cant I pair an iPhone 5 with and iPad 3 vía bluetooth? The thing is that any of both recognize any.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 7:23 PM

14 replies

Apr 15, 2015 8:01 AM in response to ohmarchain

No. Usage of the Remote App does not and has never required pairing them.

iPads and iPhones have never been able to directly Pair over bluetooth for anything.

As indicated in the Remote app instructions, you need to have bluetooth turned on, but no pairing is necessary from within the Bluetooth settings on either device.

The Linking is done through the Keynote Apps on both devices, but no pairing is required, because pairing is not possible.

Linking Keynote Remote to Another iOS Device

1. On your iOS devices, choose Settings > Wi-Fi to verify both iOS devices are on the same wireless network.
  2. On the iPad running Keynote, open your Keynote presentation.
  3. Tap the Tools icon in the toolbar.
  4. In the Tools menu, tap Settings.
  5. In the Settings menu, tap Remote.
  6. In the Remote Settings menu, turn on Enable Remotes.
  7. On the iPhone, open the Keynote Remote app.
  8. In the iPhone Settings window, tap New Keynote Link.
  9. On the iPad, the name of the iPhone appears in the Remote Settings window; tap Link.
  10. On the iPad, enter the four digit number that is displayed on the iPhone, and then tap Done.

Using Keynote Remote with Bluetooth

When a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable you can use Keynote Remote with Bluetooth to control your Keynote slideshow from one iOS device to another (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch). However, slides may take longer to appear on Keynote Remote when connected via Bluetooth. You cannot use Keynote Remote via Bluetooth with a Mac.

The following steps use Keynote Remote on an iPhone to control a Keynote presentation on an iPad via Bluetooth.

1. iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth ON.
  2. iPad: Go to Settings > General > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth ON.
  3. iPad: Open a Keynote presentation.
  4. iPhone: Open the Keynote Remote app. If you have previously linked your iPhone or iPad, you can immediately begin to control your slideshow from your iPhone by tapping Play Slideshow. If this is the first time linking with these iOS devices, refer to the steps in "Linking Keynote Remote to Another iOS Device," above.
    Note: If your iPhone displays the message "No connection available. Both devices must be connected to a Wi-Fi network or have Bluetooth turned on," continue with the steps above because you may still be able to use Keynote Remote with Bluetooth.

Using the Keynote Remote App - Apple Support

Apr 20, 2015 12:21 PM in response to ohmarchain

ohmarchain wrote:

Phil0124 Kenote Remote no longer exist.

Sure it does, its just built into the Keynote App now.

Keynote Remote is included in the latest versions of Keynote for iOS (Keynote 2.1 and later)

ohmarchain wrote:

Phil0124 Kenote Remote no longer exist.

The thing is that Keynote (an app design by Apple) ask me to pair devices... So on the one hand ask me to pair an in the other I cant pail them... this is something to be mad!!!

It never requests pairing in the Bluetooth settings menu. Merely turning on Bluetooth. Everything else is done from within the Keynote App

1. If a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable, on both devices go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth on. See the Using Keynote Remote with Bluetooth section below for more information.
  2. Open your Keynote presentation on the device you'll use for the presentation.
  3. Tap the Tools icon in the toolbar.
  4. Tap Presentation Tools.
  5. Tap Allow Remote Control.
  6. Turn on Enable Remotes.
  7. On the device you will use as the remote, open the Keynote app and tap the Keynote Remote icon in the toolbar of the presentation manager. If you're in a presentation, tap Presentations in the toolbar to open the presentation manager.
  8. If this is the first attempt to link to this Keynote Remote, tap Continue. If not, tap the Devices button, and then tap "Add a Device."
  9. On the device displaying the presentation, tap Link next to the name of the device that will control the presentation. The device name should appear in the Allow Remote Control menu that you had open.
  10. Confirm that the four digit passcode that appears on the presentation device also appears on the remote device. If the passcode matches, tap Confirm.
  11. Tap Done on the presentation device to return to the presentation.

Read the instructions carefully, and follow them. don't assume things that aren't being said.

It may take a while for your iPhone to appear in the Allow Remote control Section of the iPad though.

Just as a proof of concept, I tried it right now, and it works. Between my iPhone6 and my iPad Air 2 just fine.

Apr 20, 2015 12:52 PM in response to ohmarchain

ohmarchain wrote:

Good one KiltedTim... the thing, as I wrote on the post is that "Keynote Remote" does not longer exists... I´m supposed to download "Keynote" on both devices to pass sildes from my iPad vía iPhone... I did it... and "Keynote" says I need to pair vía bluetooth both.

It looks to me illogical... this is not how apple use to make things...

Apparently, you have something of a reading comprehension problem...

From the first paragraph of the linked article:

Keynote Remote is included in the latest versions of Keynote for iOS (Keynote 2.1 and later). Using Keynote Remote requires an iOS device with Keynote 2.1 or later and a Mac with Keynote 6.1 or later.

Why cant I paír me iPhone 5 and my iPad 3 vía bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.