Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update/fix issue with certification in Safari and or Chrome on MacBook 13" (2012) using OSX 10.9.5 PLEASE help!

User uploaded file

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this issue on my MacBook 13" (2012) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor using OSX 10.9.5. I received the above "warning" when I tried to purchase shipping labels on my EBay account in Safari. And when I used Chrome it basically stated the same thing but different wording of course- both notices were in reference to "certification". This issue JUST began 2 days ago...logged on my Mac and a Java update popped up and I clicked "remind later" and it seems like issue started shortly afterwards. I opened system preferences and then Java and while in Safari it states updates are complete and in Chrome one of the "plug-ins" does NOT have update (PPI?) and the other one DOES have update. Basically, I have NEVER had this or any issue with my Mac and I would greatly appreciate any help in fixing this issue. Not to mention I need to print my shipping labels so I can send members the items they paid for yesterday! Any sites dealing with having to "confirm" a payment is when I am directed to this issue.....PLEASE help me fellow Apple friends! 😉

Greatly appreciated,

Kimberly

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 9:28 PM

4 replies

Apr 15, 2015 6:14 AM in response to ksouthern73

See app store unavailable following security update 2015-004 (Mavericks) and Security Update 2015-004 broke VeriSign SSL certificates system wide . There are some well-considered fixes mentioned under the first link that may or may not work for you. Apple screwed up but at the moment isn't taking any responsibility. All versions (Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite) are affected equally. Good luck.

May 4, 2015 8:02 PM in response to ksouthern73

Solved! At last!

I cannot say exactly which step was the key, so here are most of the steps I took. Hopefully this helps someone.

1. Took the steps in Invalid or incorrect Certificates including reboot.
2. Took the steps in Edit your Keychain including reboot.
3. Downloaded and manually reinstalled Security Update 2015-004.

4. Repaired permissions and directories with Recovery reboot.

5. Took the steps in Invalid or incorrect Certificates including reboot.

6. Took the steps in Edit your Keychain including reboot.

I've gone through some of these steps multiple times, just hoping it would work that time...

Today -- when I went into Mail.app, it whined about the certs for me.com servers -- so I made *that* always trusted. And this time, iTunes.app didn't complain about any certs! And this time, Software Update.app didn't complain about any certs! And it successfully applied the three-week delayed updates!

So I'm hoping it's all done and done. OMG, frustrating along the way!

May 24, 2015 10:12 AM in response to ksouthern73

I recently had the same problem, among others (no more access to App Store), after installing this update on my 2011 MacBook Pro. After contacting Apple $upport I did a complete back-up on an external hard drive and clean install of 10.9.5 and everything worked fine, until updating again after which I had the same problems, again. So I did ANOTHER clean reinstall of 10.9.5 and am ignoring the daily update notices. I just couldn't take the problems which come with the update anymore. Good luck.

How to update/fix issue with certification in Safari and or Chrome on MacBook 13" (2012) using OSX 10.9.5 PLEASE help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.