Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 bluetooth disconnecting - doesn't happen with iphone 5s

I have recently updated to an iPhone 6. Ever since switching, I have had difficultywith bluetooth streaming connections. Using a pair of Jaybird BlueBuds X (http://www.jaybirdsport.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/) - my phone will regularly disconnect from the headset when streaming audio.

I switched back to an iPhone 5S to test - and did not encounter this error.

Both devices are running ios 8.3 and I have attempted all of the trouble-shooting suggested here - iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support.

Any other suggestions? Is this another bug in ios8 specific to iPhone 6's?

James

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 11:22 PM

2 replies

Apr 29, 2015 2:38 PM in response to Jamesa78

Similar situation but in my case it was a switch from iPhone 5 to 6.

I'm getting crackling, audio dropouts, stuttering, silence, disconnections etc from the Bluebuds. But those same headphones playing the same media (e.g. a podcast from iTunes) on my Yosemite iMac and MacBook Pro work perfectly. It's extremely infuriating.

I've opened a support case with Jaybird and will also open one with Apple.

May 4, 2015 5:29 AM in response to Jamesa78

Update: I was able to prove that the issue was tied to my iPhone 6. I paired the Bluebuds with iPhone 6's in the local Apple Store with no problem. Made a Genius Bar appointment, backed up my iPhone. In the Store we did "Erase All Content and Settings" - still had same problem. Then did a complete wipe and restore of 8.3 - still had same problem. Swapped devices - all good!

iphone 6 bluetooth disconnecting - doesn't happen with iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.