Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to address a question to someone specific

Hello Everyone,

Do we have the privilege to tag a person to a question (e.g. @person_name).

I have posted a question on which I am not getting any responses and it has gone to page 3 or 4. How to bring it to front.

Please help,

Thanks,

Deepak

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 6:46 AM

1. Do we have the privilege to tag a person to a question (e.g. @person_name).
  2. How to bring it to front.
  1. There used to be a function of the SiteWare that would send a notification email when a post contained the LINK of the person's UserName - e.g., DeepakNayak or ChitlinsCC
    I have seen this done with my LinkName many times lately and have not received any email notice - so I assume that, like many thing s here, that feature has passed away
    If I need to ask someone to "have a look" at some thread, e.g., ASC changes? - I usually
    • click on their name anywhere you see the LinkName
    • click the Activity TAB
    • Reply (with apologies to the other participants) to their latest activity with "Can you take a look at ASC changes? Thanks"
  2. Reply to your own thread to bump it to the top - be judicious in this practice!

ÇÇÇ

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2015 6:46 AM in response to DeepakNayak

1. Do we have the privilege to tag a person to a question (e.g. @person_name).
  2. How to bring it to front.
  1. There used to be a function of the SiteWare that would send a notification email when a post contained the LINK of the person's UserName - e.g., DeepakNayak or ChitlinsCC
    I have seen this done with my LinkName many times lately and have not received any email notice - so I assume that, like many thing s here, that feature has passed away
    If I need to ask someone to "have a look" at some thread, e.g., ASC changes? - I usually
    • click on their name anywhere you see the LinkName
    • click the Activity TAB
    • Reply (with apologies to the other participants) to their latest activity with "Can you take a look at ASC changes? Thanks"
  2. Reply to your own thread to bump it to the top - be judicious in this practice!

ÇÇÇ

Apr 15, 2015 7:03 AM in response to DeepakNayak

DeepakNayak wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Do we have the privilege to tag a person to a question (e.g. @person_name).

I have posted a question on which I am not getting any responses and it has gone to page 3 or 4. How to bring it to front.

Please help,

Thanks,

Deepak

You cannot address anyone specific (other than in a thread). What forum is your question to be found?

Barry

Apr 15, 2015 7:57 AM in response to DeepakNayak

You cannot as we are all other users here and volunteers who may or may not check these forums on a regular basis - we do not have regular hours as we do not work for Apple. As well, these are international forums, so for some, it may be in the middle of the night.

If there are no answers it usually means that no one has an answer or idea for you. Unfortunately, that can happen, especially since this is not a technical support site staffed with Apple employees/tech support. If you bump up your own thread once and still do not get an answer, I'd recommend booking an appointment at your nearest Genius Bar (the advice/troubleshooting is free).

As for calling something to someone's attention by posting in another thread is generally considered bad form as you are, in essence, "threadjacking". Every person posing a question deserves their own thread/discussion without, what would be for them, off topic and irrelevant (to them) discussion amongst others (unless it is absolutely critical). Once you attain enough points, you can do so in the special forum which is reserved for people with 8,000+ points - that is where we post a "bat call" for someone else to step in.

How to address a question to someone specific

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.