Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie stuck on export

Hi,

I made a gameplay movie in Shou, then edited it in iMovie (cutout few secconds).

When I tried to save it to camera roll it is stuck on "exporting movie". By stuck I mean waiting for app. 20 minutes without any movement on progress bar.

Video is 2 minutes long.

I have like 13 Gigs of free space.

I tried it 3 times, with different codecs (MOV and MP4), also different resolution 720/1080.

Please help.

PS: I was unable to export video to Facebook as well. Access was denied even that I input my account credentials into FB settings and approved iMovie app. literaly I am unable to export / save / send / post my iMovie video anywhere outside the app itself, which is very frustrating.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:50 AM

Seriously. Has anyone -- I mean anyone -- successfully exported their video from imovie to the camera roll? Or to anywhere but iTunes or Cloud drive except in the totally useless project file format with the "iMovieMobile" extension.

Not to Facebook or YouTube or anywhere all the pretty icons say you can send your little snip or epic motion picture to.

Wasting too much time on what I thought would be a monster app.

There are forum entries about this "hang"/"freeze" problem going back years!! YEARS!!

As of this entry I am current on all IOS/iMovie version; and iTunes.

I am really sorry, ripptor, but I'm in the same leaky boat as you...

Moving on...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 6:50 AM in response to ripptor

Seriously. Has anyone -- I mean anyone -- successfully exported their video from imovie to the camera roll? Or to anywhere but iTunes or Cloud drive except in the totally useless project file format with the "iMovieMobile" extension.

Not to Facebook or YouTube or anywhere all the pretty icons say you can send your little snip or epic motion picture to.

Wasting too much time on what I thought would be a monster app.

There are forum entries about this "hang"/"freeze" problem going back years!! YEARS!!

As of this entry I am current on all IOS/iMovie version; and iTunes.

I am really sorry, ripptor, but I'm in the same leaky boat as you...

Moving on...

iMovie stuck on export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.