Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam from Apple???

I no sooner joined the Apple communities, then I received a notification from "Apple ITunes" that someone made a purchase from a different location or different location than mine. The email looked very authentic and as savvy as I think I am, it almost fooled me and I almost clicked on the provided "link" . But luckily , I am smart enough to really check it out and it was a total spam. My question is, how secure are these boards / posts if it only takes a matter of minutes for a newbie like myself to receive this garbage in my personal email account? Just sayIn'. Ta.

iPad 2, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 3:00 AM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2015 1:12 PM in response to Mssmarty

Mssmarty = VerySmarty

I think that - if your email was NOT public as Barry said (it is not NOW) - that you may have just experienced a very timely coincidence.

Yes, these are very convincing sometimes. The Apple Style Guide has been public (obscure to find, but public) for some years as a PDF - very comprehensive.

style site:help.apple.com - Google Search

Just possessing a real email from Apple would actually have all the pieces needed to construct one of nefarious purpose.

Here is what I always post to folks such as yourself:

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

FORWARD to reportphishing@apple.com

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you haven't deleted with prejudice yet, you could FORWARD the email to the address above - THEN do delete with prejudice!

stay safe

ÇÇÇ

EDIT removed URL that was "invisible" until posting - aarrggh! these editors are unpredictable lately!

Spam from Apple???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.