Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 app update issues on Wifi with iphone 6

Since updating to iOS 8.3, I can no longer update or download new apps on WiFi. They show that there is an update, the update button is there, but if I select update all or an individual app to update, it just sits there with the downloading icon but downloads nothing, at least not until I turn WiFi off. Turning it back onagain, the download stops or if I'm really lucky, goes very slow and is the same when downloading new apps.

This is the same if I'm on home WiFi (With 30Mb connection to the internet) or work WiFi (With 8Mb connection to the internet). Both worked fine before the update and all other functions work fine.

Anyone else had this or is it just me?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 5:03 AM

8 replies

Apr 18, 2015 1:41 AM in response to mal79212

Well the iPad works fine, as does the iPhone 4s and the 5s, just my iPhone 6 having this problem.

Also noticed apps like Facebook and Twitter which link into iOS will not update at all. I have to delete them and re-download them and new season pass episodes will not download.

finding other issues related to WiFi as well, all since iOS 8.3, hope an update fixing this arrives soon.

May 7, 2015 12:04 AM in response to mal79212

I have noticed the same issue, and as soon as I switch wifi off, it seems to be working fine to update apps over 3 or 4G. The problem is that I dont want to use all of my mobile data for app updates. I also tried using wifi and VPN, still does not work..

I have an iPhone 6 64Gb by the way..

This is starting to become really frustrating..

May 11, 2015 2:13 AM in response to mal79212

Hi folks,

had the same issue with my good old 4s after updating over Wifi to 8.3. I was told to restore the iPhone over iTunes and set it up as a new device.

And hey, long procedure, but it works fine from me. Every small issue I had after the update was gone (for example that updates didn't work anymore, the dot key in the mail app didn't work and small other little problems I didn't recognised first)

Hope it helps you, too...

iOS 8.3 app update issues on Wifi with iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.