Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 battery drains very fast

MY iPhone 4S battery is draining very fast after i applied 8.3 update last week.

It goes from 100% to 60% without usage and 3G on for just 2 hours. Without 3G we get the same result just bit difference.

Once its 40% then it will drain at the speed of time. 40% to 8% in just 15 min of 3G usage.

Is it because my iPhone 4S is old (almost 2 years now) or is it because of the update ?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8, Update

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 2:18 AM

hello,

after ios 8.3, i have the same problem with my 4S ( new battery, 6 months old ). my girlfriend who has the same device, no problem.

i've tried everything to solve but nothing yet.

shutting down 3g of wifi does help a little ( this night 25 % loss instead of 50 ). its the only thing that helps a little

i have also noticed when you look in the menu at the battery you can see a stand-by time which is almost similar with the usage time. like this night 10.50 h stand-by but also 10 h in use ??? and when having 3g or wifi it drains the battery.

i don't have the impression that, when using the device, it drains more than before, only when not using.

hope there will be a solution soon........

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2015 2:18 AM in response to Rajkiran773

hello,

after ios 8.3, i have the same problem with my 4S ( new battery, 6 months old ). my girlfriend who has the same device, no problem.

i've tried everything to solve but nothing yet.

shutting down 3g of wifi does help a little ( this night 25 % loss instead of 50 ). its the only thing that helps a little

i have also noticed when you look in the menu at the battery you can see a stand-by time which is almost similar with the usage time. like this night 10.50 h stand-by but also 10 h in use ??? and when having 3g or wifi it drains the battery.

i don't have the impression that, when using the device, it drains more than before, only when not using.

hope there will be a solution soon........

Apr 17, 2015 12:28 AM in response to blackball147

The battery drains when in user as will as when not in use also. With 100% charge at 11 pm and morning i get up to see the iPhone is switched off or just with 6-10% battery with red color without any use.

I think its an update problem as i did not have this kind of issue before the update 8.3.

How to tell Apple to solve this update problem ? do the care about their old iPhone 4S ?

Apr 17, 2015 4:50 AM in response to Rajkiran773

Photo in battery usage is using 20% of battery but Safari which I don't use often is using 65%! I just think 8.3 is very buggy and while I tested a couple beta the battery issues never happened? So is it a bad update for other reasons? Or did something change in final release? This does not appear isolated so the question is not is Apple aware. The question is when will they fix it? Right now my iPhone 5C depletes battery in about 8 1/2 hours whereas before 8.3 I was probably around 30 to 40% at bed time? That's no small loss of time and besides that my iPhone seems warmer then usual all the time. Like something is running in the background. Very strange.

Apr 17, 2015 7:44 AM in response to akinom500

My iPhone 5C gets warm but not hot. Don't know why it even should be warm at night when phone is completely charged and I am not using it? Must have

background stuff running all the time! I finally turned off all iCloud services and my iPhone is now back to normal. I really think its about the new Photo app doing syncing all the time! But I cannot be sure why this would be happening. I don't even use my iPhone for pictures much. Some say they have a day or so of extreme syncing going on because they have so many pictures! I guess the conversion from iPhoto to Photo?? I have 63 pictures and that cannot possible be the case with me. Anyway, this whole iCloud thing with me has reached epic failure. I've going to find a much better cloud option then iCloud.

Apr 18, 2015 7:58 AM in response to Rajkiran773

as a final attempt to solve this i've installed IOS8.2 again, but sadly not with the result i've hoped for. battery still drains, although a bit less then before but still around 15% in 2.5 h, and stand-by / usage time of the battery are still alike.

i've made a compariison with the device of my girlfriend within the settings but everything is similar, except for the standby / usage time which is correct in her case.

i'm out of options now 😠

iOS 8.3 battery drains very fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.