Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audible problems

My I-Pod Nano stops around chapter 89/90 of Audible Books I have downloaded from I-tune site. It then starts at the beginning again. Thinking it might be an audible problem I subsequently downloaded the same books to my Sansa Clip as well as my RCA Tablet and they play fine. I also deleted and reloaded the books to my Nano but the same problem is still there. What is going on with my Nano - Very Frustrating!

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 2:02 PM

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities

It sounds like your iPod may be encountering a software glitch. I would recommend restoring the iPod to factory settings on your computer.

18 replies

Apr 16, 2015 4:32 PM in response to QuickPost

Apple Support Communities updatesI think a 4 or 5

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:01 PM

To: lindafromfredericton

Subject: - audible problems

You received a reply

zmclearan has replied to your question. You can view the full discussion in Apple Support Communities.

audible problems

That is very strange. Which version of the iPod Nano do you have?

Correct Answer Helpful Answer

Use the buttons above to tell zmclearan and the rest of the community if this reply solved your question or helped you get closer to finding a solution.

To reply to zmclearan, go to the discussion in Apple Support Communities.

You are receiving this email from Apple Support Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Apple Support Communities Profile.

TM and copyright © 2014 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

Apr 16, 2015 4:38 PM in response to lindafromfredericton

My thought process on this problem would be that the book is corrupt but since it works on all your other device then we can throw that idea out. Are you able to put any other audiobooks on the iPod and test to see if they play all the way through?

The easiest way to tell the difference between the 4th generation and 5th generation nano is to see if it has a camera on the back of it.

Apr 17, 2015 2:57 PM in response to lindafromfredericton

I've occasionally encountered a similar issue, where Audible audiobooks will stop playing and jump to the next audiobook (if there is one) on my iPod. This isn't specific to one model of iPod - I get the same symptom on three different nanos - 2nd, 3rd and 7th generation. I've not found a definitive resolution but it does seem to be related to possible data corruption during downloading from Audible - even though the files play correctly in iTunes, when played on an iPod the problem is repeatable in that playback will always stop at the same point, and that repeatability applies across the three iPods.

I've noted this happening if the Audible Download Manager times out while downloading - even though it reports successful downloads on resumption. I have reported the issue to Audible/Amazon but they've not been able to confirm the nature of the problem or provide a definitive fix. My workaround procedure is to download Audible files at work (faster/more reliable internet connection than at home) and then either use a thumbdrive to transfer to my iTunes system at home or to ZIP them and transfer via OneDrive.

Apr 17, 2015 4:02 PM in response to lindafromfredericton

When you play on other devices the media files are downloaded again, and I suspect are in a different format from that used by iTunes. Where I have had the problem on my iPods the first thing I check is that the same audiobook plays correctly in iTunes, on my phone, and on my Surface tablet - these are always fine.

I agree that the issue is specific to iPods but I've found on multiple occasions that it can be resolved by re-downloading the files from Audible and re-syncing. The other possibility is an issue with the code that verifies that you've authorized your iPod to play Audible downloads (your Audible id is embedded within the downloaded files), which results in corruption of the data as it is being transferred from iTunes to iPod. I have approx. 200 Audible audiobooks and this has happened with less than 10% of them - enough to be annoying but not enough to fully determine the underlying cause.

Apr 17, 2015 4:30 PM in response to hhgttg27

As a matter of fact I did just that today- deleted the book off my Nano and I tunes, downloaded it again from the audible site and reloaded it back on the Nano. Same old thing - won't play past chapter 90. It seems to be the large books this happens to - the second one for me- both 25/30 hour books, both are stopping around the same chapter. All others are fine and I have downloaded a ton of them. Have you had the problem with your larger books?

audible problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.