Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote hard drive download

How do I download photos from the web directly to a remote hard drive so I don't have to fill up my iMac hard drive? I can not find how to direct the download to the hard drive. Thank you.

iMac

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 7:22 AM

6 replies

Apr 15, 2015 8:00 AM in response to stevelax

You need to be much more specific then that. What web site and where is your downloads folder located? If the download folder is currently located on the internal HD, reset it to temporarily point to the EHD and download the pictures to that folder. If you use Safari as your browser open Safari - Preferences and change the download location. Once you have finished the job reset the download location to the original location.

Apr 15, 2015 8:10 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for the reply. The situation is I have about 14 gigs of photos on my Picasa web page and storage. I want to download from that web storage to my remote which is 1 Ter of space. I started the download process but it looks like all the photos came in as a group in no files as on the web and they apparently went to my Documents folder under photos. I want them to go directly to my remote hard drive in the folders they are already in. Thank you again for your help!

Apr 15, 2015 8:23 AM in response to stevelax

stevelax wrote:

Rudgar,

Thank you. I have well over 10,000 photos so right clicking on one at a time obviously won't work. I can't seem to find where to choose where I want the photo files downloaded to from the Picasa app. I'm sorry. Can you explain that to a very very novice computer person?? Thank you again.

See if Command A selects all or them.

remote hard drive download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.