Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OpenSSL FIPS 140-2 Compliant Library for MAC and iOS

Hello, Our Organisation has developed a Communication APP for Desktop and Mobile Clients on Multiple Platforms. We have the APP running for MAC 32 bit and 64 Bit and also for iOS arm7 and arm64 architectures. Now, as per the product, TLS mode of connection requires to be FIPS 140-2 validated. Currently, TLS connection is used with OpenSSL library.

Do MAC OSX and iOS support OpenSSL FIPS compliant Library, which can be linked to with our APP so that cryptographic algorithms are FIPS 140-2 validated? Also, as per our research iOS and MAC have CoreCrypto inside the kernel which makes the operating system 140 -2 FIPS compliant.

Can a 3rd Party Application take help of CoreCrypto Library API's to make TLS Encryption message communication?

Also, there is CommonCrypto Library, what is the difference between Common Crypto and CoreCrypto? Can Common Crypto be used for MAC and iOS 32 and 64 Bit Platforms? Is there any API documentation Provided for this?

I know I have asked lot of questions above. Please do help me out here.

Thanks

Indra Chatterjee

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 7:22 AM

There are no replies.

OpenSSL FIPS 140-2 Compliant Library for MAC and iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.