Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime slow on loading after updating to Yosemite 10.10.3.

I noticed FaceTime bounces on the dock for about 30 secs when loading. this started after upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.3 a few days ago and the delay is quite annoying especially when receiving calls. Any similar situations and possible solutions please.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 7:44 AM

30 replies

Apr 23, 2015 11:21 PM in response to Oluferreira

Hey Guys... please try the following ---> 🙂 🙂 🙂 This worked for me !!! @tomconrad helped 🙂 This should help!!! definitely mine is solved after this.. It is a workaround.. But I will keep talking to Apple folks to fix this! 😝

tomconradApr 23, 2015 11:03 PM Re: Facetime and iMessage on Macbook Pro Retina display slow after Yosemite 10.10.3 Update
Re: Facetime and iMessage on Macbook Pro Retina display slow after Yosemite 10.10.3 Updatein response to Shreyas RavindraSolved

Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Internet Accounts -> iCloud

Uncheck "Contacts"

Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Internet Accounts -> Google

Uncheck "Contacts"

etc

Open the contacts app; you should see no contacts listed (don't worry they haven't been deleted you're just not connected to the internet accounts that load them)

Now restart iMessage. It should start instantly.

FaceTime slow on loading after updating to Yosemite 10.10.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.