Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update from 10.7.4 to...what?

Software Update tells me to update to 10.7.5, but can I update to something newer without too much "culture shock" or upgrading of other software? Or do I have to go to 10.7.5 prior to installing a newer OS version? Obviously, I'm not a guy that HAS to have the latest and greatest, but I do believe it's time to make some kind of move. Can anyone suggest where to go from here without making massive changes to other applications or taking on much of a learning curve? THANKS very much. -Bob

(MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR 3)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.4 GHZ Intel Core i5. Memory: 4GB

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 7:32 AM

9 replies

Apr 15, 2015 1:37 PM in response to hesson11

!0.7.5 is the latest version of Lion. You have two choices, Mt. Lion or Yosemite. Mt Lion will cost $19.99 from the online store:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6377Z/A/os-x-mountain-lion

Yosemite will be free and you can get that from the App Store.

The questions you should ask yourself: Is there a pressing need to do that? Are there applications that will not run on Lion but the other OSXs?

If you should choose Yosemite, 8 GB RAM will be required to run it efficiently.

Ciao.

Update from 10.7.4 to...what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.