Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just upgraded to 8.3 on ipad. No longer receiving gmail, but can send. imap.gmail.com not responding verify settings. What do I do?

Just upgraded to 8.3 on ipad. No longer receiving gmail, but can send. " imap.gmail.com not responding" verify settings. What do I do?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 8:15 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2015 9:05 AM in response to JJReardon01!

Hi JJReardon01,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're not able to receive email from your Gmail account after updating iOS, but you can send email.

In this case, try these troubleshooting steps from the Support document Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch:

1. To make sure that you're connected to the Internet, open Safari and go to www.apple.com.
  2. Log in to your email provider's website to make sure that the account is active and the password is correct.
  3. Make sure your settings are correct using Mail Settings Lookup.
  4. Restart your iOS device.
  5. Delete the affected email account from your device.
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Tap the affected email account.
    3. Tap Delete Account.
    4. Add your account again.

All the best,

Jeremy

Just upgraded to 8.3 on ipad. No longer receiving gmail, but can send. imap.gmail.com not responding verify settings. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.