Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why doesn't itunes provide the track names when I import my cd

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 8:44 AM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2015 12:37 PM in response to mahkti

1. Because your iTunes has not been able to connect to Gracenote (which is where iTunes gets the CD track information). This may be because your computer isn't allowing it to connect. Have you ever been able to get the track information for any CD in the past or have you never been able to get the track info?
  2. Because the CD is a home burnt CD, or other non-commercial CD. (The tracks names can only be provided for CDs entered onto its database.)
  3. Because although it is a commercial CD, no one has yet supplied the information about it to Gracenote. (This should now be a very rare occurrence.)

May 9, 2016 11:01 AM in response to Furgus1

iTunes will normally connect automatically, although there is an option you can set to stop it doing so when you insert a CD. See the setting under Edit > Preferences > General > Automatically retrieve CD track names from Internet. If you insert your CD, select the CD import window and use Options > Get Track Names does it work, fail silently, or do you get any error message?

User uploaded file

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.