Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Even after going to usage and deletejng all of my music I went to my music and some songs still showed up and im not able to delete them

i am unable to delete certain music. I clicked delete all my music and some songs weren't deleted and I am unable to delete them

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 6:21 AM

How do they show in the Music app on your device ? If they have the cloud icon against them then they are in the cloud - you can stop them showing via Settings > iTunes & App Store > Music (under the 'show all' heading) 'off' (or Settings > Music > Show All Music 'off').

If they are stored on your device, and you can't delete the tracks via Settings > General > Usage nor directly in the Music app, then try closing the Settings and Music apps via the device's taskbar and do a soft-reset and see if you can delete them after the device has restarted. Or see if you can delete them by connecting the device to you computer's iTunes and selecting the My Music section under 'on my device'

Close an app : Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Soft-reset (i.e. a reboot) : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear and it should reboot.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2015 6:21 AM in response to Meggierp

How do they show in the Music app on your device ? If they have the cloud icon against them then they are in the cloud - you can stop them showing via Settings > iTunes & App Store > Music (under the 'show all' heading) 'off' (or Settings > Music > Show All Music 'off').

If they are stored on your device, and you can't delete the tracks via Settings > General > Usage nor directly in the Music app, then try closing the Settings and Music apps via the device's taskbar and do a soft-reset and see if you can delete them after the device has restarted. Or see if you can delete them by connecting the device to you computer's iTunes and selecting the My Music section under 'on my device'

Close an app : Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Soft-reset (i.e. a reboot) : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear and it should reboot.

Sep 6, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Meggierp

Hi. I have an iPhone 6 that shows complete information for all the music in my iTunes library -- including all the albums not downloaded onto my phone. I've got to Settings>Music and Settings>iTunes, Apps and am not finding any box that says "Show all music." It only asks whether to automatically download. Help! I hate scrolling through all my albums looking for the very few things I can fit on this phone.

Dec 2, 2015 8:53 AM in response to Meggierp

The only way I can do it is to go to each individual song on your iPhone and click on the 3 dots on the right side underneath the little phone icon. A menu comes up and then click on Remove Download. It is still in your music library in icloud, just not downloaded to your phone. When you want to listen to it again, just push play and it will redownload. Hope that helps.

Even after going to usage and deletejng all of my music I went to my music and some songs still showed up and im not able to delete them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.