Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Time Machine Backups With Different Case Sensitivity

I have two external HDs with Time Machine backups on them.

The older hard drive is a 3 TB Lacie drive that was reporting errors. After a new drive was ordered I ran a repair on this and am able to browse the files. It is formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). It has a Time Machine backup of about 60+ backups totaling 1.5 TB.

The new drive is a 4 TB Touro Desk Pro. It has newer Time Machine backups on it that the user created after receiving it. It is formatted as Mac OS Extended Journaled (Case-Sensitive). There are about 25 Time Machine backups on this volume.

What I want to do is to get the Backups.backupdb folder from the 3 TB CASE INSENSITIVE Lacie drive to the 4 TB CASE SENSITIVE Touro Desk Pro drive. I continually get the error that the case sensitivity is not correct going either way for a manual transfer.

The only other drive I have available is a 1 TB drive that can be formatted to whatever I need. I have to preserve all of this data (from both drives) and get it onto the 4 TB drive.

Any ideas/suggestions? thanks.

Time Machine-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Time Machine

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 11:07 AM

There are no replies.

Two Time Machine Backups With Different Case Sensitivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.