Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to migrate an iPhone 5S synced to Windows PC to a Mac Mini running OS X Yosemite without losing data

How to migrate an iPhone 5S synced to Windows PC to a Mac Mini running OS X Yosemite without losing data?

i have tried to "manually manage music and videos" its been no help

My mac does not have an optical drive so i can't keep my ripped CD's hence why i don't want to lose data

please help me

thanks guys!

also how do you remove an old PC from your iPhone 5S without losing data

thanks again

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:08 PM

Greetings mshields61xx,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you want to sync your iPhone 5s with your Mac Mini instead of the PC you currently sync with, and you want to make sure not to lose data. This can be done, although there are several steps in the process.

You can use the steps in How to move your iTunes library to a new computer to copy the contents of your iTunes library to your Mac Mini. These steps will help prevent loss of the music you've imported from CD. Once you've completed the steps in this article, you'll need to sync your music from the Mac Mini to the iPhone again.

If you no longer intent to use iTunes on the PC, you can deauthorize it by choosing Store > Deauthorize This Computer from the iTunes menu bar.

For songs you've purchased from the iTunes Store, you can transfer purchases from your iPhone to the Mac, or try to download them from the iTunes Store again:

How to transfer data from a PC to a Mac - Apple Support

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 12:08 PM in response to mshields61xx

Greetings mshields61xx,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you want to sync your iPhone 5s with your Mac Mini instead of the PC you currently sync with, and you want to make sure not to lose data. This can be done, although there are several steps in the process.

You can use the steps in How to move your iTunes library to a new computer to copy the contents of your iTunes library to your Mac Mini. These steps will help prevent loss of the music you've imported from CD. Once you've completed the steps in this article, you'll need to sync your music from the Mac Mini to the iPhone again.

If you no longer intent to use iTunes on the PC, you can deauthorize it by choosing Store > Deauthorize This Computer from the iTunes menu bar.

For songs you've purchased from the iTunes Store, you can transfer purchases from your iPhone to the Mac, or try to download them from the iTunes Store again:

How to transfer data from a PC to a Mac - Apple Support

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

How to migrate an iPhone 5S synced to Windows PC to a Mac Mini running OS X Yosemite without losing data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.