Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Pause Mode Needed!

I´ve been waiting a long time to share my photos on my different apple devices and bought additional web space immediately as it was possible. Now my iMac is uploading ... and uploading ... and uploading. 20.000 pix and a several number of videos to be uploaded by uploading a some hundreds per night.

And nothing else is working anymore. Mail cannot download and upload mails, internet radios don´t work anymore, I cannot login to my work account via Citrix...

And the only way out seems to logout or shut off.

Pleeeease: Install at least a pause button very, very soon. Or better: Install a timer to upload photos just when I´m sleeping.

(I´m uploading for 4 days and still 18.000 pix to go)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 11:27 AM

Click here and fill out the form.

(126018)

5 replies

Apr 15, 2015 11:39 AM in response to Winston Churchill

First of all: Thanks for the pause button, I haven´t seen it until now. (Is it possible to press the button when I need the pause and press it once again 1 hour later and it will continue uploading or will it really pause for a full day?)

What shall I change in my setup when Mail has a problem with Photos? I really cannot download any mail in that time, the connections to the servers are impossible. I think that Apple should set a limit for Photos.

Apr 15, 2015 11:42 AM in response to MacMuck

The button does pause it for 24 hours if you leave it to it's own devices, but once pressed it turns into a resume button so you can initiate a manual resume at any time.

Intermittent problems are often a result of interference. Interference can be caused by other networks in the neighbourhood or from household electrical items.

You can download and install iStumbler (NetStumbler for windows users) to help you see which channels are used by neighbouring networks so that you can avoid them, but iStumbler will not see household items.

Refer to your router manual for instructions on changing your wifi channel or adjusting your multicast rate.

There are other types of problems that can affect networks, but this is by far the most common, hence worth mentioning first. Networks that have inherent issues can be seen to work differently with different versions of the same software. You might also try moving the Apple TV away from other electrical equipment.

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Sources of Interference

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

Apr 15, 2015 11:51 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks again, you´re very fast and very helpful. I will be best friend with the pause button, I´ve just pressed it the first time.

I cannot follow your arguments for the interferences. All worked fine until the moment I´ve started Photo the first time, the internet problems are caused by Photo obviously.

But nethertheless I´ve a good option to solve the problem now. Thanks a lot.

Quick Pause Mode Needed!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.