Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

editing pictures in iPhoto on iPhone or iMac

I want to edit photos on either iPhone 6 or iMac to be able to blur out parts of the picture when I search on apple support it tells me I select the picture and hit the tool box to bring up editing features. All I have on either is the the red eye feature, editing wand, crop feature, and adjusting the color. How do I get this tool box?

To help out below is the results of my search.......

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you!

Use the editing tools to improve or add an effect to a photo. As you edit a photo, iPhoto saves your edits automatically (there is no Save button). iPhoto never changes the original photo, so you can go back to it at any time.

User uploaded file

Make edits to a photo

1. Select a photo and tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap an editing tool (shown above) and make changes to your photo.Edited photos have a toolbox icon on them.User uploaded file

To switch between viewing the original photo and the edited version, tap User uploaded file.

If you edit a photo in the iPhoto Camera Roll album, the edited photo automatically appears the Camera Roll on your iOS device, at the resolution of your device. If you want a full-resolution version of the edited photo sent to the Camera Roll, tap User uploaded file and tap Camera Roll. The full-resolution photo appears in the Camera Roll, and is transferred to your computer when you sync the Camera Roll with your computer.

You can also send photos directly from iPhoto to other iPhoto-supported apps installed on your device.

Undo and redo edits, or revert to the original photo

To undo your last actions, do one of the following:

• Shake your iPhone or iPod touch and tap Undo.
  • Depending on the editing tool you are using, tap User uploaded file, then tap Reset, Remove, or Erase All.
To revert to the original photo, tap a photo to select it, then tap User uploaded file > Revert.To revert to the original photo while using an editing tool, tap User uploaded file, tap User uploaded file to exit the editing tool, then tap User uploaded file > Revert.

Copy a single change in color, exposure, or an effect to another photo

If you've made a change to a photo's color, exposure, or effects, you can copy the change to another photo.
  1. While editing with the exposure, color, or effect tool, tap User uploaded file, and tap Copy Tool Name.
  2. Tap to select another photo, then tap the tool whose settings you copied.
  3. Tap User uploaded file > Paste Tool Name.

Copy multiple settings to another photo

If you've made edits to a photo's color, exposure, or effects, you can copy all three changes to another photo at once.
  1. Select the photo whose settings you want to copy.
  2. Tap User uploaded file, and tap Copy Exposure, Color and Effect.If you’re editing the selected photo, tap User uploaded file and then tap User uploaded file to exit the editing tool.
  3. Select the photo you want to apply the settings to and tap User uploaded file > Paste Exposure, Color and Effect.

Note: If you import RAW-format photos, you can edit them in iPhoto. When you edit a RAW-format photo, your edits are rendered from the embedded JPEG file and not the RAW data itself.

Last Modified: Oct 25, 2013

<Link Edited By Host>

iMac G5 (20-inch iSight), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), null

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 11:21 AM

The help text you are showing is for iPhoto on the iPhone. But iPhoto can not be used on an iPhone 6. It is not compatible with the newest version of iOS and cannot be installed on an iPhone 6.

On your iPhone 6 you have the Photos.app, that does not have the smart edting tools of iPhoto iOS. There are no blur brushes.

to be able to blur out parts of the picture

In iPhoto on your Mac you could use the Retouch tool to blur parts of the picture, that will sometimes work.

But you would need a more advanced editor, for example the editing tools in aperture or Adobe PSE or Pixelmator.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2015 11:21 AM in response to ibreathe4u2

The help text you are showing is for iPhoto on the iPhone. But iPhoto can not be used on an iPhone 6. It is not compatible with the newest version of iOS and cannot be installed on an iPhone 6.

On your iPhone 6 you have the Photos.app, that does not have the smart edting tools of iPhoto iOS. There are no blur brushes.

to be able to blur out parts of the picture

In iPhoto on your Mac you could use the Retouch tool to blur parts of the picture, that will sometimes work.

But you would need a more advanced editor, for example the editing tools in aperture or Adobe PSE or Pixelmator.

editing pictures in iPhoto on iPhone or iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.