Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help - My iTunes library won't recognize my iPod classic

My iTunes library won't recognize my iPod classic 80gb. I try doing the trouble shooting steps on apple, but they still did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to add some newer music to my old iPod for listening in the car or when travelling. Thanks a lot.

iPod classic, 80gb

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 6:19 PM

Hello dmbnewfie,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPod classic is not being recognized in iTunes when you connect it to your computer. I know you have tried some troubleshooting on the Apple website as well, but without knowing which steps you have completed, I would suggest working through the attached iPod classic Troubleshooting Assistant.

Apple - Support - iPod - iPod classic Troubleshooting Assistant

Have a great day,

Joe

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 6:19 PM in response to dmbnewfie

Hello dmbnewfie,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPod classic is not being recognized in iTunes when you connect it to your computer. I know you have tried some troubleshooting on the Apple website as well, but without knowing which steps you have completed, I would suggest working through the attached iPod classic Troubleshooting Assistant.

Apple - Support - iPod - iPod classic Troubleshooting Assistant

Have a great day,

Joe

Please Help - My iTunes library won't recognize my iPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.