Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing incoming server settings

Please help!

I have a Mac 27" update to Yosemite 10.10.2. I have 25 GB free in storage. I have been having trouble with road runner email and found out today that they are changing their email settings. How do I change the incoming mail server settings in Mac Mail from pop-server.columbus.rr.com to mail.twc.com? When I get to preferences and account information the incoming mail server is grayed out and therefore can't be changed. I just found out I can't delete the account because it is being used by 'Internet Accounts'. When I open Internet Accounts it asks for my password but won't accept it because I can't connect to the internet due to the settings being wrong.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 2:08 PM

3 replies

Apr 15, 2015 2:18 PM in response to Ezechiel

Select Accounts under Mail's Preferences. Click on the mail account you need to change. On the right you should see Income Mail Server: field in the middle section. Change the server account there. Then from the dropdown menu labeled Outgoing Mail Server select Edit SMTP Server List. Edit the info for the outgoing smtp server.

Configuring Mail for your email account

Use Mail Connection Doctor

Go to your RR site and find the page for setting up mail using Apple Mail.

Changing incoming server settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.