Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iPhoto it was easy to change the title on photos. How can i change the title of the images in the new iPhoto, Photo.

In iPhoto it was easy to change the title on photos. How can i change the title of the images in the new iPhoto, Photo.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Photos App

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 12:35 PM

You change the title of a photo by typing it into the textfield below the thumbnail or into the title field in the Info panel.

To type below the thumbnail, you have to enable the display of titles in View > Metadata > Titles.

User uploaded file

Or in the Info Panel:

User uploaded file

There is however no batch change option, to change the title of multiple photos at once.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2015 12:35 PM in response to Burven

You change the title of a photo by typing it into the textfield below the thumbnail or into the title field in the Info panel.

To type below the thumbnail, you have to enable the display of titles in View > Metadata > Titles.

User uploaded file

Or in the Info Panel:

User uploaded file

There is however no batch change option, to change the title of multiple photos at once.

Apr 15, 2015 1:38 PM in response to léonie

I have discovered that it is possible to enter the title in the box below the picture. But this becomes very cumbersome when importing many images at a time. This was a great feature in iPhoto. Very disappointing that this is not continued in new Photos. Will this feature come eventually do you think?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.