Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 10.10.3 update matrox triplehead2go stopped working

I have a Matrox triplehead2go DP that I've used since I purchased my Macbook Pro (8,2) a few years ago. It's worked nearly flawlessly since inception until the 10.10.3 update. I updated at home over the weekend and since Monday, I've only gotten it to see and use the device for a few hours yesterday. I have a ticket open with Matrox (after updating the software and firmware), but wanted to know if anyone else has had an issue with it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 12:36 PM

It may be an actual issue with Yosemite not the Matrox. Update 10.10.3 like 10.9.2 has caused incredible issues with video output. It's being reported on forums for all types of Macs (MBP, iMac, Mac Pro, etc.). It appears that they messed up how Yosemite works with video drivers. For example, I lose all three of my monitors connected to my Mac Pro after about 3 minutes of run time. They simply turn off and will not come back up without a hard crash and restart. There was a supplimental update this morning to address some of the video issues. However, it didn't help repair mine at all. You may want to make sure you get that update as it may help alleviate your issue.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 12:36 PM in response to mgargiullo

It may be an actual issue with Yosemite not the Matrox. Update 10.10.3 like 10.9.2 has caused incredible issues with video output. It's being reported on forums for all types of Macs (MBP, iMac, Mac Pro, etc.). It appears that they messed up how Yosemite works with video drivers. For example, I lose all three of my monitors connected to my Mac Pro after about 3 minutes of run time. They simply turn off and will not come back up without a hard crash and restart. There was a supplimental update this morning to address some of the video issues. However, it didn't help repair mine at all. You may want to make sure you get that update as it may help alleviate your issue.

Apr 22, 2015 4:15 AM in response to mgargiullo

Anyone who uses any kind of expensive hardware or software with their Mac should be very careful about upgrades. Supposedly Apple has a "Public Beta" program now, but it isn't what you think. All software is beta now. The only way to be sure it will work with your hardware and software is to try it. If it doesn't work, you have to roll back to the old version and stay there. It won't take long before you figure out ways to make the trial-and-rollback process as easy as possible.

Apr 22, 2015 2:05 PM in response to etresoft

Hey, just a quick update. I'm running a MacBook Pro Retina 2014 and just bought an additional Mini Display to DVI Adapter (2 MD ports on my machine) and hooked them both up to the 2 monitors I was running through DualConnect2GO. Everything's back up and running with no issues so looks like it may be a DualHead2Go issue in this case vs. video output on Yosemite.

Apr 26, 2015 2:30 PM in response to mgargiullo

I use Matrox DualHead2Go, just updated (4/26/15) to 10.10.3 build (14D136) in a separate partition for testing OS X upgrades, and have not experienced any new problems with the functioning of my dual displays via DualHead2Go on a 2014 MacMini. So at least this build of 10.10.3 is OK with the DualHead2Go.

Note to DerekJames: I use the DualHead2Go instead of using two Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapters plugged to my MacMini because in that configuration it takes the monitors 30 to 90 seconds to be stable. Before stable they will display snow &/or cycle On/Off/On every few seconds as if trying to establish a firm video connection. No such problems exist using the DualHead2Go or using a single monitor (so the DVI adapters are not the problem).

An existing minor problem with the DualHead2Go, under 10.10.2 also, that may be unique to my 2014 MacMini, is that the DualHead2Go does not receive video after Option key is held during restart to select the startup disk. This problem does not exist for my MBookAir (running Mavericks) or any of the other Mac systems tested by Matrox.

After 10.10.3 update matrox triplehead2go stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.