Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Save Safari Bookmark

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3 on a MacBook Pro 13.

When I go to save a bookmark in Safari, instead of the window as shown below, the window will extend past the edges of the screen width wise, making it unable to save a bookmark. I've asked for help on this a couple of times, and the answer has been that the bookmark file is somehow corrupt, and have deleted it, but this keeps recurring.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how I permanently resolve this?

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 12:10 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 12:39 PM in response to MadDog956

Hello MadDog956,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like when you try to add a bookmark, the main window is increasing in size where the edges are off of the display. If this is the case, please use the instructions in the attached article to move the window to one side, enough where you can see the edges of the window. Once you move the window, use the next set of instructions in the article to resize the window. You may have to move and resize the window more than once to fit it back on your display. If this is not the case, please let me know more about the situation.

OS X Yosemite: Window basics

Move, resize, and minimize windows

Move a window: Click the window’s title bar, then drag it where you want it.

Manually resize a window: Drag the window’s edges (top, bottom, and sides).

Have a great day,

Joe

Unable to Save Safari Bookmark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.