Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13" (2015) Keyboard and Trackpad issues

Hi,

I know there was an issue with the 13" RMBP from 2013 where the keyboard and trackpad would become non-responsive. I also know this was fixed with a firmware update. I have the same issue on a new, 2015, 13" Retina MBP with Force Touch. At some point after 30-60 mins, the keyboard and trackpad eventually freeze (the screen and computer seem to be fine, cursors continue to blink, notifications show up, etc) and the only solution is to restart the computer with the power button. I've tried closing the lid for a while, that doesn't work. I've reset the SMC, run diagnostics, and booted in safe mode, all to no avail. Anyone else had this issue and if so, achieved resolution? I presume I'm gonna have to replace my computer but thinking I should try here first.

FWIW, I normaly use my computer plugged into a thunderbolt display and keyboard/mouse. Now I'm on a business trip and it keeps crashing. Super frustrating.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 1:00 PM

4 replies

Macbook Pro 13" (2015) Keyboard and Trackpad issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.