Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I install Quicktime 10.4 or the newest version?

I am currently running OS X 10.9.5. I have Quicktime 7.7 Pro and Quicktime Player 10.3. I am trying to record a tutorial from my Apple iPhone as a device on my MAC desktop through quicktime. I can't seem to have the QT 10.3 recognize the iPhone as a device. I am thinking it is because I don;t have QT 10.4? Not sure though. I was reading how to do this on this thread: http://www.howtogeek.com/199732/how-to-record-a-video-of-your-iphone-or-ipad%E2% 80%99s-screen-from-your-mac/

I can't seem to get it work. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Jesse

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 1:30 PM

I am currently running OS X 10.9.5. I have Quicktime 7.7 Pro and Quicktime Player 10.3. I am trying to record a tutorial from my Apple iPhone as a device on my MAC desktop through quicktime. I can't seem to have the QT 10.3 recognize the iPhone as a device. I am thinking it is because I don;t have QT 10.4? Not sure though.

As stated in the opening paragraph on the web paged you referenced—this is a new feature in OS X Yosemite. If you want to use this feature, you will have to upgrade to Yosemite which includes the newer QT X Player v10.4 app.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2015 1:30 PM in response to jessejacob37

I am currently running OS X 10.9.5. I have Quicktime 7.7 Pro and Quicktime Player 10.3. I am trying to record a tutorial from my Apple iPhone as a device on my MAC desktop through quicktime. I can't seem to have the QT 10.3 recognize the iPhone as a device. I am thinking it is because I don;t have QT 10.4? Not sure though.

As stated in the opening paragraph on the web paged you referenced—this is a new feature in OS X Yosemite. If you want to use this feature, you will have to upgrade to Yosemite which includes the newer QT X Player v10.4 app.

User uploaded file

How Can I install Quicktime 10.4 or the newest version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.