Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of apertures

APERTURES:

I have enjoyed many years of Apertures. Suddenly I am told that Apertures is on the way out. I feel cheated and dismayed that another huge corperation has shafted it's customers. Nobody asked us, nobody engaged with IT'S customer you just did it, with the arrogance that only a multinational can do. You should be ashamend of yourselves. Only a huge organisation like yours can unilaterally do such a thing. I loved Apple and told everyone you are the best, well clearly you are are no different from anyone else.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 3:12 PM

8 replies

Apr 15, 2015 3:31 PM in response to Yer_Man

Aperture/Apertures you know what I mean! Terence get a life! You know exactly what I am getting at. I am used to Aperture and have been using it for many years. I was told, (yes last summer) but I have only upgraded yesterday and now I find AperturE doesn't talk to the new Photo app, I feel I have now to find an alternative to edit/organise my 100,000 photos. This upgrade, in my opinion, is a downgrade!

Apr 15, 2015 3:50 PM in response to Yer_Man

Before, when I uploaded an image to Aperture (which has always been my preference) it automatically uploaded to iPhoto. Brilliant, worked really well! I could edit/adjust/alter what ever you like and iPhoto reflected this. Photo doesn't, it's completely separated from Aperture. What I put into Aperture now, doesn't 'talk' to photo. Looks like it will be Lightroom or Photoshop from now on. Hugely disappointed, but not at all surprised by Apple's new found arrogance, because of you and and me and everyone else giving them our business. They will rue the day, believe me! Shame because they are a really good company/product and are being overtaken by there own success.

Apr 15, 2015 3:55 PM in response to Chazza321

Before, when I uploaded an image to Aperture (which has always been my preference) it automatically uploaded to iPhoto. Brilliant, worked really well! I could edit/adjust/alter what ever you like and iPhoto reflected this. Photo doesn't, it's completely separated from Aperture

Yes, and you're told that when you run the app first time. I have no idea why you would expect it to. Aperture is over, development is finished. This is a new app. They are hardly going to add features like that for an app they have declared dead.

I really am amused that you call this arrogance. Apple sold you a product. It does now what it always did. It works, It works with iPhoto. Now they've made a new product. Why would you assume the new product has any connection with the old one, especially as they told you - 10 months ago - that they were no longer making it.

Apr 15, 2015 4:22 PM in response to Yer_Man

Shame, AperturE had sophistication, photo is a dumbed down version of iPhoto it doesn't really do anything except sharing low end quality images, like every other provider. Terence this is something that you are are sold on, good for you. I enjoyed AperturE as an alternative to Lightroom etc. Photo has lowered the bar and is just a run in the mill app that has no particular features than any other app. You say it works and it does, but it is very mediocre and basically very similar to the rest of the competition.

Apr 15, 2015 10:45 PM in response to Chazza321

Why do you assume that I am sold on anything. You're moaning about the end of Aperture, I'm just trying to save you embarrassment so that of you do complain to Apple you take account of all the answers they already have. It wasn't sudden, Aperture continues to do all that it ever dd and so on. It hasn't been replaced by Photos, thehy have simply moved out of that segment of the market.

Loss of apertures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.