Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Print to Epson XP 420

We will be in an RV this summer. Would I be able to print directly from an iPad and MacBook without internet or a wireless router (I do have an airport)? Could Epson Direct be used directly from printer to iPad and MacBook?

Thank you,

Linda

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 2:16 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2015 3:27 PM in response to Linda in Phoenix

I have an Epson printer. I am familiar with Epson iPrint (an Epson app for iPhone/iPad), but I am not familiar with Epson Direct. So I cannot tell you what Epson Direct can or cannot do.

You could print from an iPad to your Epson printer if you had a WiFi hotspot in your RV, and had the iPad as well as Epson printer connected to the hotspot. The hotspot would be provided by your cellular carrier, and would not be free.

UPDATE - I now see an Epson XP420 is not an AIrPrint capable printer. Therefore, to print to it from an iPad, you would need to use Epson iPrint, which has much more limited capability than Apple''s AirPrint. I do not know about Epson Direct, nor can I tell you whether you can print from your Mac (you definitely could print from your Mac if the printer were AirPrint capable).

Apr 18, 2015 9:54 AM in response to sberman

Thanks for your reply. The Epson Expression XP-420 does have Air Print. If I just plug in the Airport into an electrical output, set it up with my computer, detach my computer from the Airport, will I then be able to connect with the printer with my computer iPad and iPhone (I don't want to leave my computer attached to the Airport). I would not have internet capability on my Airport. Thank you.

Linda

iPad Print to Epson XP 420

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.