Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 users, 1 can't login - stuck at blue or galaxy screen

Disclaimer: Not my machine, helping my girlfriend resolve an issue. I've read about 25 threads on fixes for similar issues with no luck so far.

MacBook 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

She says she was installing Minecraft Forge for her son before bed. She said it appeared to have installed fine. She closed the lid on her machine and went to sleep. In the morning she attempted to login and OS X just kept her at the 'galaxy' view after she logged in and nothing else. I had her boot into Safe Mode and she could. I had her run Disk Utility and all the usual diagnostics, with no change.

I got the machine from her a couple days ago and I've tried everything I can find online. Her son's non-admin account works fine. I created a new Admin user (her's is admin too) and I can login just fine. Her account though I can not login with no matter what I do. Any ideas on how to get her account unstuck? I had considered just starting over with a fresh install, but I'd rather not do that, and with it just being her account, I'm not sure it would solve the issue anyway.

Thanks.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Apr 16, 2015 9:08 AM in response to Eric Root

While these links didn't directly help me, I did start to dig deeper than all the basic lists of what to look for. I identified four apps that seem to have been installed on the 8th. I had uninstalled them, but looking in her user Library I did still see references to them in Caches and LaunchAgents. I deleted only what was necessary and now her user can login without Safe Mode. Thanks for the suggestions!

3 users, 1 can't login - stuck at blue or galaxy screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.