Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing difficulties: iPhone doesn't appear in Aperture

All was well with Aperture 3.6 until I updated my iMac to OS10.10.3.

Now neither my iPhone 5s nor iPad Air 2 (running iOS 8.3) appear in the Aperture import window.

Has any experienced a similar problem and resolved it?

Thanks for any help.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), Core i5, 2.66GHz, 1TB, 12GB memory

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 5:11 PM

Hi William.. I was able to reproduce your problem with an iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, mac mini 10.10.3 with auto synch set to launch iTunes. I set "when camera is connected open aperture" in the prefs in Aperture 3.6. I connected my iPhone and told it to trust this computer when prompted. iTunes launched automatically and synched with my iPhone. I then ejected the phone in iTunes. I then disconnected the iPhone and reconnected the iPhone with Aperture which was running in "import" mode. The iPhone then appears in Aperture.

Hope that helps,

JAL Computing

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 5:11 PM in response to William Heber Percy

Hi William.. I was able to reproduce your problem with an iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, mac mini 10.10.3 with auto synch set to launch iTunes. I set "when camera is connected open aperture" in the prefs in Aperture 3.6. I connected my iPhone and told it to trust this computer when prompted. iTunes launched automatically and synched with my iPhone. I then ejected the phone in iTunes. I then disconnected the iPhone and reconnected the iPhone with Aperture which was running in "import" mode. The iPhone then appears in Aperture.

Hope that helps,

JAL Computing

Apr 17, 2015 5:10 PM in response to OregonStreams

Thank you for taking the trouble to try to replicate my problem, and succeeding.

Your advice shows me how to get the devices to show up as long as Aperture is already running in import mode. What I didn't mention earlier was that I found that I could get them to appear belatedly if I plugged in a DSLR using a USB cable after the iPhone/iPad had been connected.

So it's a help to see that there is an alternative approach to jump starting the process using a third (DSLR) device, but that isn't really how it should work and I wonder if, given Apple's decision to halt updates to Aperture this is a side effect of other developments that will remain broken.

I hope I'm mistaken and would be glad of any other imput on the topic.

Thanks again for your help, OregonStreams.

Importing difficulties: iPhone doesn't appear in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.