Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Open a PDF attachment in IOS 8 mail app?

Hi all,

I am curious how do I open a pdf attachment in IOS 8 mail app?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 2:50 PM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 9:17 AM in response to revDAVE

If the entire document does not open by tapping its "Tap to Download" icon in Mail, I don't have any suggestion other than to request the sender re-send the document in a readable format. PDF is perfectly acceptable, as are many other file formats, and no additional apps are required to read them.

Perhaps whatever created the PDF didn't do it properly. If you suspect another app is attempting to open the document, delete it from your iPhone and try again. You can always re-download the app if that doesn't help.

Apr 27, 2015 11:36 AM in response to AKRBTN

Hi,

My friend has what you stated = a square with and arrow coming out the top and works as expected

BUT I don't

what happens to me - is the small muti page opens and does NOT show a pdf ICON - BUT DOES show only the first page and I DO NOT GET = a square with and arrow coming out the top TO CLICK ON!

So it seems the normal behavior is not happening - how can I fix this - to see ALL pages and or open pdf in another pdf app?

How Do I Open a PDF attachment in IOS 8 mail app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.