Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with new Photo v. 1

I just dutifully upgraded to the Photos program and lost iPhoto functions. I'm working on an iMac 24" running Yosemite 10.10.3. My photos had been organized into events and locations had been carefully entered. I often used Places to organize and reflect on photos. Now the events and places seem to have disappeared. How can I get those back??? Some of my photos were taken on an iPhone, and those locations transferred, but I use an SLR camera without location software and had to manually enter those locations in iPhoto. Now I don't see those places nor a way to add the information. I had also adjusted dates on those photos that I had transferred from family members. (I am the keeper of the photos for a family that is very careless about entering dates on their cameras.) The original data carried over and I have photos from the 1800s to 2025!

Is there an editing tutorial about how to transform these photos again? Can I go back to iPhoto until some of these bugs get worked out? I'm more than a little unhappy. I have about 35,000 photos on this machine.

Photos-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 3:37 PM

Your Events were converted to Albums in Photos. The location is available in the Get Info window or by clicking on the name of a Moment.

3 replies

Apr 16, 2015 4:21 PM in response to Gorden Hedahl

Moments in Photo are the new Events. There's a way to simulate events in Photos.

When the library was first migrated there was a folder created titled iPhoto Events and all migrated iPhoto Events are represented by an album in the folder. To open the sidebar if it's not open use the Option+Command+S key combination.

When new photos are imported into the Photos library go to the Last Import smart album, select all the photos and use the File New Album menu option or use the key combination Command+N. Name it as desired. It will appear just above the iPhoto Events folder where you can drag it into the folder

When you click on the iPhoto Events folder you'll get a simulated iPhoto Events window.

The downside to the simulation is that the Album/Events can only be sorted by Title. Ask Apple for more sorting options in Photos via https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html.

User uploaded file

Problems with new Photo v. 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.