Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match removes content that you paid for

iTunes Match will DESTROY playlists, your library and will in fact remove content from your library; this content can mean items that you burned into iTunes AND items that you purchased from iTunes (and have receipts for)

Here is an except from their terms and conditions:

iTunes Match is provided on an “AS IS” basis and may contain errors or inaccuracies that could cause failures, corruption or loss of data and/or information, including music, playlist, and play history, from your computer or device and from peripherals (including, without limitation, servers and other computers) connected thereto. You should back up all data and information on your computer or device and any peripherals prior to using iTunes Match. You expressly acknowledge and agree that all use of iTunes Match is at your sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, Apple shall have no liability with respect to your use of iTunes Match, including the inability to access matched or uploaded content.

What is so disturbing is, that depending upon WHICH customer service agent you get, you may or may not get your files replaced! DO NOT USE iTunes MATCH or GENIUS if you have a large library. My library is 34,000+ songs (mostly purchased from Apple) 119 Music Videos (all Purchased from Apple) 504 Movies & 2200+ Television Episodes (movies and TV shows ALL purchased from Apple).... iTunes Matched reeked havoc with my music playlists, it or Genius caused so many duplicates in my Movies and TV shows it was crazy and Apple's customer service has fallen off tremendously in the last couple of years. My problem with Apple iTunes Match goes back to the beginning of iTunes Match, and I spent 4 years asking via email if iTunes Match was the culprit. FINALLY I got a tech that was honest and admitted that they were aware of the problem.

The problem exists because Apple's iTunes library (the store having a MARVELOUS selection of Classical Material) is ill equipped to deal with Classical Music Albums without splitting them into numerous albums and confusing "songs" that have the same name. It also happened with some of my Rock Collection when the files/songs shared the same name, it would assume it was a duplicate and remove one, effectively gutting an album that I had paid for.

So the question is why doesn't Apple see fit to at least restore the music that was legitimately purchased from the iTunes Music store that it's iTunes Match system has removed? "At your own risk" should at least mean that the iTunes Reps are honest and knowledgeable concerning the issue. "As is" is one thing, and "Good Faith" is another! If you can't answer this question, please bring back the customer service we had when Steve Jobs was alive. (I've been with you guys since 1988!!!!)

iTunes Match-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 4:45 PM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2015 8:07 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Oh goodness, I thought if I shared my situation that someone, even a Apple rep might say, "Hey I have a solution for you!" and this stupid problem go away. Do you really think I haven't contacted Apple? I have emails that go back over 4 years on THIS exact problem. I am now looking to communities for support or at least people that have gone through the same thing. I found quite a few elsewhere on line, but oddly not on here.

Apr 16, 2015 8:21 PM in response to Tim Ballard1

Tim Ballard1 wrote:

So the question is why doesn't Apple see fit to at least restore the music that was legitimately purchased from the iTunes Music store that it's iTunes Match system has removed?

Oh goodness, I thought if I shared my situation that someone, even a Apple rep might say, "Hey I have a solution for you!"

The poster answered your question. Apple does not participate in the forum, and as users we wouldn't know why Apple does what it does. And, it is a violation of the TOS of the forum to speculate about Apple policy.

In response to the second post, you are not going to get an Apple rep here, since they do not participate in the forum. Unfortunately, no one here would be able to help you with your problem, since we are users, and do not have access to the iTunes Match system. You will have to deal with them on the situation. And yes, I did read that you have been dealing with them for 4 years, but again, that is not anything we can change. Good luck.

iTunes Match removes content that you paid for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.