Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to organize, view, and listen to audiobooks in v12 like I did in v10

I really don't like the way itunes 12 handles audiobooks, unless I'm missing some settings somewhere.

any help?

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 6:20 PM

5 replies

Apr 16, 2015 12:08 AM in response to Limnos

What do you mean by "specifics?", can you be more specific?

sorry

I useta could open an audiobook from the grid view of all books into it's own window , in list view with a lot of stats, similar to making a book into a playlist in v12 which I suppose I could do but the sidebar with 20 or 30 playlists in it would get pretty cluttered. Basically I want it to be just like itunes 10

Apr 16, 2015 12:44 AM in response to R.W.R

Specifics = what exactly are you missing from iTunes 10? Organizing, viewing and listening are all still there so that alone doesn't tell me/us what it is you can't find.

I think multiple playlist display windows vanished a year or two ago. Here's a workaround that many find less than satisfactory. Workaround - http://www.tuaw.com/2013/02/07/itunes-101-making-playlists-in-itunes-11/

Most changes Apple makes to iTunes do not have any hidden settings to undo them. They are gone and that's it. If you really prefer iTunes 10 then I suggest you keep on using it until you absolutely have to use a newer version. I still use iTunes 7.

Apr 18, 2015 10:40 AM in response to Limnos

I was using itunes 10 on yosemite but nothing would download from apple's store including updates. That's what brought this up. After I updated itunes (the download of which worked fine by the way... huh , imagine that) everything is functioning just peachy. Except that I am now stuck with itunes 12.

By the way, itunes 7? What about v12? Are you using yosemite? Maybe I should have included those specifics.

is there a way to organize, view, and listen to audiobooks in v12 like I did in v10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.