Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked iPad2

The erase procedure to reset the lock code requires Find My iPhone turned off and internet access. The iPad is locked, so I can't seem to utilise the erase function. I seems a little Catch 22. Can anyone assist ? Thanks

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 6:11 PM

It doesn't not require FMIP to be off. Follow these instructions:

• Disconnect all cables from your device.
  • Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
  • Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  • If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  • Click OK. Then restore the device.

If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try steps 1–4 again.

[Text from Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support]

-Ethan

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2015 6:11 PM in response to Rabbits62

It doesn't not require FMIP to be off. Follow these instructions:

• Disconnect all cables from your device.
  • Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
  • Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  • If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  • Click OK. Then restore the device.

If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try steps 1–4 again.

[Text from Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support]

-Ethan

Locked iPad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.