Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Sometimes in Random Order

I'm trying to upload certain photos from iPhoto to a website. When the website goes to my iPhoto to get the certain photos, they are completely in random order. If I click on iPhoto, my photos are in the order taken. I have OS X Yosemite, 10.10.2 (14C1514). This has not always been the case but has occurred after one of the system updates. What can I do to keep the photos in date order?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 6:48 PM

Perhaps the website or the browser window that is accessing your photos is looking at them alphabetically and that's different from chronologically. May sites sort alphanumerically so you'll need to rename the photos so when exported to the Desktop for upload to the website they will be in the correct order. You can do that by selecting the photos and using this option in the Export window:

User uploaded file

to get this result:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 6:48 PM in response to Heaven@98

Perhaps the website or the browser window that is accessing your photos is looking at them alphabetically and that's different from chronologically. May sites sort alphanumerically so you'll need to rename the photos so when exported to the Desktop for upload to the website they will be in the correct order. You can do that by selecting the photos and using this option in the Export window:

User uploaded file

to get this result:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Photos Sometimes in Random Order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.