Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 8.3 battery drain

the drain is a % every hour on standby all features and app are closed location off gps track fitness etc brightness less then half anyone else seeing unusual drain ?

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 10:45 PM

14 replies

Apr 29, 2015 10:49 AM in response to M.D.O.T

My iPad has the same battery drain issues immediately after allowing the iOS 8.3 update.last week. I am extremely frustrated. Prior to the update, my battery would last for multiple days while playing music most of the day. Now it doesn't even last 1 day. I have looked up the articles that tell me to 'turn off this' and 'turn off that', change settings, etc..... which I have done, it only improved my battery longevity slightly. This is unacceptable, Apple should be testing these updates prior to release specifically for battery drain (since it seems this is a recurring issue with their most recent updates) and NOT releasing it until the drain issues are resolved. Not pleased at all with Apple right now.

May 19, 2015 10:56 PM in response to M.D.O.T

I have the same issue with the 5c, now it always gives the "accessory not supported error" and this is the original cable that came with the device. So it connects to a pc and syncs with itunes, but does not charge unless switched off. To add to this, battery drains super fast, does not last up to 3 hrs when charged full( and no apps are even on the device as we speak)

Jun 20, 2015 8:45 PM in response to ZknowlesCarter

I have the same issue. Battery on my iPhone 4s running on iOS 8.3 is terrible. It consumes 1% every two or three minute on usage and the same every hour in standby. I don't remember the existence of this issue before iOS 8.3. I purchased an App called ActMonitor (https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/actmonitor/id519572740?mt=8) and it shows the processes that has been runnning ever since the last reboot and there's this iCloud KeyChain that is close to iPhone reboot time and it's been running ever since, even though I have it turned OFF since a very long time.

Ios 8.3 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.