Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to use Passbook since upgrading to iOS 8.3 but when I try and display my boarding pass, the top half of the screen is a big white Apple Pay box trying to get me to load a credit card and only half my boarding pass is visable on the bottom.

Trying to use Passbook since upgrading to iOS 8.3 but when I try and display my boarding pass, the top half of the screen is a big white Apple Pay box trying to get me to load a credit card and only half my boarding pass is visable on the bottom. I cannot seem to get that Apple Pay box to go away. Everything I touch just gets me either Apple Pay information or wants me to load a credit card. All I want to do is display the boarding pass so I can get on the dang plane.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Paasbook, Apple Pay

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 1:53 AM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2015 6:07 PM in response to John MDR

John MDR wrote:

Trying to use Passbook since upgrading to iOS 8.3 but when I try and display my boarding pass, the top half of the screen is a big white Apple Pay box trying to get me to load a credit card and only half my boarding pass is visable on the bottom. I cannot seem to get that Apple Pay box to go away. Everything I touch just gets me either Apple Pay information or wants me to load a credit card. All I want to do is display the boarding pass so I can get on the dang plane.

The problem is that the scanner that reads your boarding pass also has an NFC chip to read passports, so the phone thinks that you are trying to use it to pay for something. This is actually a bug in the scanner, and it doesn't happen to all scanners, but I haven't seen a solution for those that have this flaw.

Trying to use Passbook since upgrading to iOS 8.3 but when I try and display my boarding pass, the top half of the screen is a big white Apple Pay box trying to get me to load a credit card and only half my boarding pass is visable on the bottom.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.