Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 Mac Mini - 10.10.3 bluetooth ISSUE Bluetooth: Not available *constantly failing/dropping*

User uploaded file

Hello Community,

since updating to 10.10.3 my bluetooth is *constantly* failing on my 2011 mac mini. (spec attached)

I am getting the dreaded 'Bluetooth: Not available.' Sometimes it happens immediately, sometimes after an hour of usage. but always at sometime.

Usually when the bluetooth drops, 2x USB ports on the mac will also simultaneously stop working.

I have reset the SMC, reset the NVRAM, trashed the bluetooth preferences from /Library. Yet the problem persists.

Only switching off the mac and restarted will get the bluetooth available again until the next drop. can anyone say rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

My magic mouse is pretty much void now, and for video editing its really affected my workflow using a wired mouse.

man its annoying losing the magic mouse when right in the middle of final cut.

I don't know if Ive exhausted all the remedies for this issue and can't find any more info for further troubleshooting, so I'm appealing to the community to see if anyone is experiencing this or any more helpful info.

thank you..

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 3:16 AM

9 replies

Apr 19, 2015 3:14 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the tip dude. came back no issues after running the diagnostic you mentioned.

It's becoming unbearable to a point now. If I reset the SMC I may be able to get 1Hour uniterrupted usage. then not one to disappoint the bluetooth will again drop and i will lose power in the 2x USB ports further from the power button.

it has started happening stupid amount of times since updating to 10.10.3

at a loss now

Apr 22, 2015 10:50 AM in response to jonn1011

I have the same issue with a MBP retina mid-2012. I not only have a Bluetooth problem, but a problem with a Logitech Trackman cordless, which does not use Bluetooth but a different radio transmitter. Thinking that this issue might not necessarily be a Bluetooth issue but a more generalized device driver problem. Anyone else experiencing intermittent problems, sluggish Finder response, sluggish tracking via wireless?

Jul 20, 2015 7:16 AM in response to jonn1011

AN UPDATE TO THIS ISSUE

Bluetooth: Not Available

the official fix of shut down - remove usb devices - wait 2minutes - restart

does bring back bluetooth, but this is only very briefly.

rinse - repeat - rinse - repeat

very tiresome and i now have a usb mouse permanently plugged in for the inevitable bluetooth drop

My Magic Mouse has become a dead weight.

Didn't have the Bluetooth: Not Available issue before updating to 10.10 Yosemite

Please has anyone effectively remedied this issue FOREVER?

2011 Mac Mini - 10.10.3 bluetooth ISSUE Bluetooth: Not available *constantly failing/dropping*

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.