Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have some questions about the apple tv

Hey, so I'm considering buying an apple tv but have some things I want to know first:

1. How many accounts can you have on the apple tv? Currently there are only 2 people at my house with itunes accounts (each with our collections on separate computers), but I'd like to know the max number anyway for future reference.

2. How do you connect the apple tv to a desktop that is nowhere near where the apple tv would be, and also to a laptop? (We have wifi)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 9:48 PM

1) as far as i know, the ATV can be connected at 1 account at a time. I don't know (i've never tried) to logoff from one account and login with another one how the device behaves.

2) i've a wi-fi repeater in the room where the ATV lays. The devices is then connected via cable to the repeater so i can use internet on the ATV

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2015 9:48 PM in response to Arialla

1) as far as i know, the ATV can be connected at 1 account at a time. I don't know (i've never tried) to logoff from one account and login with another one how the device behaves.

2) i've a wi-fi repeater in the room where the ATV lays. The devices is then connected via cable to the repeater so i can use internet on the ATV

Apr 16, 2015 9:38 PM in response to Arialla

1. How many accounts can you have on the apple tv?

Only one at a time.

2. How do you connect the apple tv to a desktop that is nowhere near where the apple tv

If you are talking about using WiFi then it does not matter how close you are to ATV, it matters how close you are to the WiFi hot spot. If at all possible you really want ATV to be connected via a wired connection. Regardless of what setup device you use streaming HD video is very demanding and not at all fault tolerant making WiFi rather failure prone. You will save your self a lot of headache if you do streaming video over a wired connection.

I have some questions about the apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.