Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore my Ipad?

The touch screen of my iPad is not reacting. This happened already 3 or 4 times in the past but I was always able to restore my iPad via iTunes.

Now when connecting to iTunes on my iMac I get following message :

"Photos in the Camera Roll of "macMac's iPad" cannot be imported because the device is locked with a passcode. You must unlock the device to import them."

Meanwhile a second pop-up window appeared telling : "To allow access respond on your iPad..."

The problem is that I have no means to respond on that device as there is no reaction on any "Touch".

Even when I tried to power off the device the button "slide to power off" doesn't react on my swiping.

Can any one help me to overcome this problem.

Is this a bug related to iOs 8.3?

Thanks for your assistance

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 2:41 AM

4 replies

Apr 16, 2015 5:49 AM in response to MAC's MAC

Have you tried a soft-reset (i.e. reboot) ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear and it should reboot.

Or if you want to restore to your backup try recovery mode : If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 13, 2015 12:34 AM in response to Shivambmc4

If you've forgotten the passcode to it, then if you have Settings > iCloud > Find My iPad enable on it and it's connected to a network you can log into the iCloud account on http://www.icloud.com on a computer, or Find My iPhone app on an iOS device, and send a remote wipe message to it.

If Find My iPad isn't enabled (or it's not online), or the iPad's showing the disabled screen, then you will have to connect it to a computer's iTunes

How to restore my Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.